Job Posting: Special Education Teacher (Secondary)
Job ID: 20160819-501
||Special Education Teacher (Secondary)
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
o Bachelor’s degree in special education.
• State certification (public, level I or II) in special education.
• Other Qualifications:
||Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The Special Education Teacher position is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter and/or skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined in the school curriculum; create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity.
• Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior.
• Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Coordinate classroom activities, which may include group meetings, field trips, and assemblies.
• Maintain IEP files.
• Write IEPs and ERs.
• Communicate student accommodations to the regular education teachers.
• Schedule and facilitate IEP meetings with parents.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
||Dec 31, 2019
||1000 Academy Drive, PO Box 645
||Morgantown , Pennsylvania 19543
View Recently Added Jobs and Search for Jobs